undefined symbol: _ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev loading library

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by milkyway, Oct 23, 2005.

  1. milkyway

    milkyway Guest

    Now got this far: when module loaded by server - but - get a linkng
    error. According to the searches has something to do with g++ or gcc -
    but not sure ..

    Hints are appreciated.

    Thanks.

    system info:
    Linux 2.6.4-52
    gcc 3.3.3

    mod_gsoap Apache SOAP Server Error

    mod_gsoap:
    /home/develop/TEST/GSOAP/gsoap/mod_gsoap/apache_gsoap.0.0.5/example/calculator/.libs/libCalculator.so:
    undefined symbol: _ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev loading library
    /home/develop/TEST/GSOAP/gsoap/mod_gsoap/apache_gsoap.0.0.5/example/calculator/.libs/libCalculator.so
    Please see the documentation at WebWare for details.

    Content headers of the request

    Accept: text/html, image/jpeg, image/png, text/*, image/*, */*
    Accept-Charset: utf-8, utf-8;q=0.5, *;q=0.5
    Accept-Encoding: x-gzip, x-deflate, gzip, deflate

  2. Crossposting without follow up is a bad idea, set it to colda, which is
    closest, I think.

    milkyway wrote:
    > Now got this far:

    Now? In what context? Do you refer to a previous posting? Why not give a
    hint?

    > when module loaded by server - but - get a linkng
    > error. According to the searches has something to do with g++ or gcc -
    > but not sure ..

    The runtime linker can't find that symbol which is part of the C++
    standardlibrary (std::ios_base::Init). Setup your system properly and it
    will find them, see 'man ld.so' and read the FAQ for the newsgroups you
    post to.

    Uli
    Ulrich Eckhardt, Oct 23, 2005

  3. milkyway

    Flash Gordon Guest

    milkyway wrote:
    > Now got this far: when module loaded by server - but - get a linkng
    > error. According to the searches has something to do with g++ or gcc -
    > but not sure ..
    >
    > Hints are appreciated.

    <snip>

    The only thing standard C has to say about this is that if you use an
    object or function of a given name from another translation unit it has
    to be defined with external linkage.

    Problems with you linker, SOAP or C++ (which is what g++ compiles) or
    any system specific stuff are off topic in comp.lang.c
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Oct 23, 2005