    The Python 2.4.1 installation was built from source.

    Anyone having a clue? Thanks in advance.

    Ciao, Michael.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Michael Ströder wrote:

    > HI!
    >
    > I have the following problem after system upgrade to SuSE Linux 9.3:
    >
    > $ python -c "import cPickle"
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<string>", line 1, in ?
    > ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/cPickle.so: undefined
    > symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsUTF8String
    >
    > The Python 2.4.1 installation was built from source.
    >
    > Anyone having a clue? Thanks in advance.

    Yes - unfortunately binary extensions have to be rebuilt if you chose a
    different unicode representation - ucs4 instead of ucs2. Which you most
    probably didn't do on purpose. So there are two options here:

    - rebuilt python, with ucs2 as internal representation (configure option)
    - rebuilt the extensions.

    --
    Regards,

    Diez B. Roggisch