Undefined Value Parameters

jeff

I have a web service, which I have written. It is being called By a
client who used Apache Axis version: 1.2alpha.

When I place a breakpoint in the web method, my parameter is
identified as "<undefined value>".

I thought it might have been the SoapParameterStyle settings but I
have tried all options.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

jeff

Can anyone tell me what the difference between these is... (apart from
the obvious). THanks.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<soapenv:Body>
<...>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

and

xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:wsa="http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing" xmlns:wsse="http://
docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-
secext-1.0.xsd" xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/
oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd">
<soap:Header>
<...>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<...>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

John Saunders

Can anyone tell me what the difference between these is... (apart from
the obvious). THanks.

The only differences in what you showed us is that one has a header and one
does not.

All of the other namespace declarations are irrelevant in the context you
provided us, because they are not used. Perhaps the difference lies in the
part you didn't show us.

BTW, it appears that you are aware that the most likely cause of "undefined
value" is a difference in namespace between what your service expects and
what's being sent.

John

jeff

Thanks for the reply.

What I am thinking is that one uses "<Soap:" and the other
"<Soapenv:".

Would I be correct in thinking that one is Soap 1.1, and the other is
Soap1.2?

How can I tell my web service that it will be called using the 1.2
syntax?

jeff

OK. Thanks.

Any idea of what this error means?

<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Server was unable to process request. --&gt; Item
has already been added. Key in dictionary:
&amp;quot;CheckDeliverRequest&amp;quot; Key being added:
&amp;quot;CheckDeliverRequest&amp;quot;</faultstring>
<detail />
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>

I get it whenever I try to name the parameter in my web method to be
the same as the matching element in the soap message.

John Saunders

OK. Thanks.

Any idea of what this error means?

<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Server was unable to process request. --&gt; Item
has already been added. Key in dictionary:
&amp;quot;CheckDeliverRequest&amp;quot; Key being added:
&amp;quot;CheckDeliverRequest&amp;quot;</faultstring>
<detail />
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>

I get it whenever I try to name the parameter in my web method to be
the same as the matching element in the soap message.

Is "CheckDeliverRequest" a method in your code?

John

John Saunders

Thanks for the reply.

What I am thinking is that one uses "<Soap:" and the other
"<Soapenv:".

Would I be correct in thinking that one is Soap 1.1, and the other is
Soap1.2?

No. The prefix doesn't matter in any way. The only thing that matters is
what namespace the prefix maps to. In both cases, it was the same namespace.

John