Underlying connection closed error when consuming webservice from.

Guest

I've googled all over the place trying to get answer to this question and
some things have come close, but nothing quite.
Asp.NET 1.1, Visual Studio 2003
I am writing Visual Basic apps. I can create a windows form that can consume
and use the webservice. I can also access the webservice through my browser.
But when I create an Asp.NET Web Application and try to consume the
webservice, I am able to add the web reference, but when I call any of the
functions I get the following error message:
The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
I have disabled all software firewalls, but I am behind a hardware (Linksys
router) firewall. Help, please.
Thank you,
-Matt L.