Underlying Connection Was Closed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rajeev Tipnis, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;819450

    Questions:
    1) Is this patch (fix) applicable to the .NET 1.1
    Framework as well? That is, if we have Framework 1.1 (On
    Win2K3/IIS6.0), do we still need this patch?

    2) Does it specifically solve only this error:
    The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error
    occured on send.
    and not these (which is what we are seeing):

    - The underlying connection was closed. Unable to connect
    to the remote server. OR
    - The underlying connection was closed. The proxy name
    could not be resolved, verify correct proxy configuration.

    3) Would this not happen when the webservices client is
    not an ASP.NET client?

    Thanks
    Rajeev

    Rajeev Tipnis, Aug 19, 2004