    power of 2.0?

    Lost programmer
    , Apr 11, 2007

  2. Hello ,

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=.NET 2.0 XSLT feature&btnG=Search

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    Michael Nemtsev, Apr 11, 2007

  3. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say that your work is "done
    with XSLT and ASP which basically writes XMLs." It's much to general of a
    statement to interpret in any meaningful way. Also, when you ask "How does
    VS 2005 or .net 2.0 work with XSLT's?" you're asking a vague question also,
    which, when combined with the first statement, makes the question even
    harder to figure out, in terms of what you're asking.

    Classic ASP is a procedural server-side technology that handles HTTP
    requests for pages with a ".asp" extension, and returns content to the
    client in the form of a file stream. ASP.Net 2.0 is a .Net platform,
    object-oriented server-side technology that handles HTTP requests for a
    number of different types of resources, including a configurable variety of
    file extensions, and returns content to the client in the form of a file
    stream. So, with ASP.Net, you must think completely differently. You must
    think purely in terms of object-orientation rather than procedurally.
    ASP.Net is fully object-oriented, and includes event handling in its' model.
    ASP.Net and the .Net platform include support for XML in many ways,
    including XHTML, XSL, XSD, and a number of other flavors of XML, as well as
    native XML support.

    Visual Studio 2005 also includes much XML support, including excellent
    support for XSLT, which includes the ability to debug XSLT. In addition, you
    might want to take a look at the new Microsoft Expression Web Design
    program, which is specifically for doing UI design, including ASP.Net, but
    does not have the server-side coding and debugging features in Visual
    Studio. I use both together, and in fact, the upcoming version of Visual
    Studio (code-name "Orcas") uses Expression Web as its' ASP.Net Design UI.

    Migrating from Classic ASP to ASP.Net is difficult, but highly rewarding,
    and recommended. But expect it to be a steep learning curve.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP