Undeterministic asp failure

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by István Puskás, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I use an asp page to upload a word document to the web
    server (with Soft Artisans SA file-up), but sometimes it

    doesn't respond, seems to return with a zero sized answer.
    I use IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server and I use this machine

    as a client too. The communication goes throught ssl
    channel, HTTPS by certificates. If I use Windows 2000 as a

    client from another place (that case there is a firewall
    between the client and the server) sometimes the same

    incident happens, but the Internet Explorer shows
    the "Cannot find server or DNS error" message instead of
    the blank

    response. The problem happens independly of the parameters
    which I fill in the form and independly of the file what I

    choose. Sometimes the document uploads and sometimes not
    with the same parameters. I cannot define the cause
    exactly

    and I have no idea what the situation is.

    István Puskás ()
    Developer, MCP

    Sense/Net Ltd., Hungary
    Microsoft Gold Certified Partner For E-Commerce Solutions
    Windows Media Service Provider

    István Puskás, Aug 7, 2003