"Unexpected error in displaying the Create Unit Tests Dialog" mess

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sandor, Jan 5, 2009.

  1. Sandor

    Sandor Guest

    Hi,

    In a solution, I have an asp.net web site and a few class library projects.
    In the App_Code folder of the web site I create a new, empty class.
    Now, if I right-click in the body of the (empty) constructor of the class
    and select the "Create Unit Tests..." option, I get the following error
    message:
    "There was an unexpected error in displaying the Create Unit Tests Dialog.
    Please rebuild and try again."
    Rebuilding does not help of course. The solution builds fine, no errors.

    If I create a Unit Test project manually, then try to add a new test via the
    Unit Test Wizard, it properly lists all the projects. However, if I click on
    the web site project, an ArgumentException dialog pops up with the following
    message: "Value does not fall withing the expected range".

    What steps should be taken in order to resolve this issue?

    OS: Windows Server 2008
    VS version: Visual Studio 2008 SP1

    Thanks,
    Sandor