unexpected syntax errors

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robin Becker, May 7, 2013.

  1. Robin Becker

    Robin Becker Guest

    A user is getting this error

    > New issue 8: bad raise syntax
    > https://bitbucket.org/rptlab/reportlab/issue/8/bad-raise-syntax

    > File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/svg2rlg.py", line 16, in <module>
    > from reportlab.graphics import renderPDF
    > File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPDF.py", line 168
    > raise ValueError, 'bad value for textAnchor '+str(text_anchor)
    > ^
    > SyntaxError: invalid syntax

    however, I believe that this older syntax is allowed in python 2.7. We've had
    other issues like this raised from various distros which are apparently making
    changes to 2.7 which change the external behaviour eg spelling corrections to
    attribute names. Could this be one of those?
    --
    Robin Becker
    Robin Becker, May 7, 2013