    the browser and trying again often results in the same problem.

    Thanks,

    Bill
    wdudek, Jun 18, 2008

  2. Hi Bill,

    From your description, your're encountering constant login prompt in your
    ASP.NET page when it executes after a long period, correct?

    I've also seen many such kind of issues beofre. Based on my experience,
    when the web page continue prompt login dialog and fails(no matter whatever
    you input), it probably indicate that there is some permission issue with
    the IIS/ASP.NET's worker process identity. Also, the problem certainly is
    related to the applicaiton or page since during its processing it may
    access some certain resources that may require the permission from the
    worker process's identity.

    Therefore, you can first verify what's the current worker process's
    identity, and for test, you can set it to a powerful account(even local
    system) to see whether the result changes.

    #Configuring ASP.NET Process Identity
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwc1xthy.aspx

    here is another article about the necessary permissios for IIS6 account:

    #Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812614

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?d2R1ZGVr?= <>
    >Subject: Unexpected windows login during long operations
    >Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:44:00 -0700

    >I have a website using windows integrated security, with anonymous access
    >turned off. The site is used to query orders from a database and when the
    >search takes a long time, a windows login box appears. Regardless of what
    >login the user enters into this, it does not accept it and the user is

    locked
    >out of the system. Our network team and myself have been unable to find

    out
    >why this is occurring, has anyone else had a similiar problem? Closing out

    of

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 19, 2008

  3. Hi Bill,

    How are you doing?

    have you got any progress on this issue? If there is anything else need
    help, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 23, 2008