Unexplained Instance Error

Marty Cruise

I am getting the following error: " Object reference not
set to an instance of an object."

The strange thing is that I AM creating a new instance of
the object in the PageLoad event Iin the code behind)
just prior to using it's properties, and in fact, the app
ran perfectly until only recently when I installed
Project Server on the web server, which should have had
no impact.

Is there a security setting or something else that might
compromise instantiating classes? I'm lost.

Kevin Spencer

Without looking at your code, there is no way to tell.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

Kevin Spencer

I'm not sure why you're not getting an error on the following line:
Public myOrder As New cOrder

It should read (assuming that the New constructor for cOrder takes no
arguments):

Public myOrder As New cOrder()

See if that doesn't fix it.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

David Waz..

try reading ALL posts to your answer and follow the
recommendations given...