Unexplained redraw after several seconds...

TL

Hi, I have a simple application with a pretty plain dialog on the
screen (using jdk 1.4.2). The app starts & displays the dialog
quickly, but after about 5(?) seconds there is a flicker as the dialog
gets repainted. It's more noticeable the more complex the dialog
becomes (eg if I have an image background and paint lots of controls
over it).
I have NO application logic in behind the gui asking for a repaint.
I was wondering if this is something java does as a catch-all, i.e a
few seconds after starting an app, repaint incase it didn't come up
cleanly? But I'd hope not!!!
Has anyone noticed this? And know how to fix it?
Cheers

Andrew Thompson

Hi, I have a simple application with a pretty plain dialog on the
screen

Better group for this type of thing..
(using jdk 1.4.2).

On linux, I presume? Or perhaps that ..other
operating system.. whatayacallit.. Apple?
Has anyone noticed this? And know how to fix it?

Dunno off the top of my head, but if you
don't luck the poster that recognizes
the problem quickly, you might try a SSCCE..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>