UNICODE/ARABIC

ba.hons

Hello,

first post on here so hope i dont break any rules.

My problem:

I have a static piece of text in arabic which i need to print out to a
printer, or the screen for that matter as am not using MFC in my
printing. I have read up on this all day and am SO confused now, I have
read about UNICODE, MBCS etc etc some people recommend creating a CFONT
and using this, so far i have not even managed to print any arabic.

Am using visual C++ 6.0 and windows XP OS, as i say i dont need to do
anything clever, i even thought i might just do a print screen on the
arabic text and display it as a BMP this is how desperate i am getting.

If anyone has any example code, articles, advice ANYTHING i would
really appreciate this.

thanks

ADAM

Phlip

Hello,

first post on here so hope i dont break any rules.

No problem. Besides your entire question is off-topic because it asks
nothing about the raw C++ language itself. ;-)
I have a static piece of text in arabic which i need to print out to a
printer, or the screen for that matter as am not using MFC in my printing.
I have read up on this all day and am SO confused now, I have read about
UNICODE, MBCS etc etc some people recommend creating a CFONT and using
this, so far i have not even managed to print any arabic.

Your problem is you don't know _what_ you don't know, yet.

Try this:

http://www.zeroplayer.com/cgi-bin/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces

Download the section on Localization (the second big link), and read it
straight through.

Then ask any questions to a newsgroup that specializes in programming
localizations for Win32. Always post to the narrowest possible newsgroup,
for best results.