Unicode character in Japanese printing, but only square

Guest

Hello, I am trying to print a unicode character that's in Japanese. In my
ASP.NET app (C#) I just set a char to that unicode character and use a
response.write(). The char prints, but it is just a square.

I set the culture of the .aspx page to japanese, and even though my browser
already prints asian characters, I added the Japanese to it also. My web
config has the utf-8 line in it. What should I do?

Thanks,

Spencer

Andy Fish

try:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

in the HTML <head> section

Juan T. Llibre

You must install language support for Japanese.

Go to Control Panel, select "Regional and Language Options",
and select the "Languages" tab.

Add the Japanese language pack.

Joerg Jooss

Andy said:
try:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

in the HTML <head> section

That's not necessary unless you're dealing with a browser that's coming
right from the Dark Ages. ASP.NET produces a nice
header.

Cheers,