    to 5.8. Can anyone give me some hints/pointers on how to go about this
    and where to get the upgrade for this system?

    Bill H www.ts1000.us

    Bill H, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Bill H

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth "Bill H" <>:
    > Thanks to all who answered the questions I had on Unicode, I have
    > learned that I need to upgrade the version of Perl of I have on one of
    > my Cobalt Raq4 servers. I currently have 5.005.03 and need to upgrade
    > to 5.8. Can anyone give me some hints/pointers on how to go about this
    > and where to get the upgrade for this system?

    The easiest solution is to use a package provided by your OS vendor, if
    such a thing exists. I would be surprised if they don't provide a 5.8
    package.

    If not, then you need to download perl-5.8.8.tar.gz from CPAN, unzip it
    somewhere and follow the install instructions. You will need a C
    compiler... I don't know if Raq4s come with one by default.

    Ben

    Pericles of Athens, c.430 B.C.

    Ben Morrow, Aug 3, 2006