Unicode (UTF-8)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    ironcorona Guest

    ironcorona, May 23, 2006

  3. ironcorona <> scripsit:

    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    >> But I found this
    >> http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec

    > Can you provide an English translation?

    If Luigi understood French well enough, wouldn't he ask for clarification in
    the group where the discussion took place?

    He would probably learn that the comment was about using UTF-8 on _Usenet_
    and has nothing to do with HTML or web authoring in general.

    (I find it somewhat amusing that Luigi posted a URL pointing to a discussion
    in French, with the user interface tuned to match Luigi's personal
    preference of using Swedish.)

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 23, 2006
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec

    That's handy -- referencing a page written in a combination of French and
    Swedish. There are probably only about twelve people in the entire world
    who know both, and the only one who frequents this group is you.

    But from what I could gather, somebody asks what newsreader he can use to
    post with UTF-8 signatures; another says that Luigi uses Outlook 6; and
    the first says he already uses Outlook 6, but can't figure out how to add
    UTF-8 signatures.

    I don't see why that would be making you doubt your own use of UTF-8 for
    posting.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, May 23, 2006
  5. "ironcorona" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > But I found this

    http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec

    > Can you provide an English translation?

    Later. Ok?
    There were reasons which do not have to do with languages why I posted that
    and I need wait to understand how things are...
    I cannot say more just now....
    TOP SECRET!

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006
  6. "Jukka K. Korpela" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > ironcorona <> scripsit:
    >
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > >> But I found this

    http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec

    > > Can you provide an English translation?

    > If Luigi understood French well enough, wouldn't he ask for clarification

    in
    > the group where the discussion took place?
    >
    > He would probably learn that the comment was about using UTF-8 on _Usenet_
    > and has nothing to do with HTML or web authoring in general.
    >
    > (I find it somewhat amusing that Luigi posted a URL pointing to a

    discussion
    > in French, with the user interface tuned to match Luigi's personal
    > preference of using Swedish.)

    See my previous answer.........Jukka....

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "ironcorona" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>> But I found this
    >>>

    > http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec
    >> Can you provide an English translation?

    > Later. Ok?
    > There were reasons which do not have to do with languages why I posted that
    > and I need wait to understand how things are...
    > I cannot say more just now....
    > TOP SECRET!

    Good morning Mr. Phelps....this posting will self-destruct in 5
    seconds...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...???

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 23, 2006
  8. Luigi Donatello Asero

    ironcorona Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >> I cannot say more just now....
    >> TOP SECRET!
    >>

    > Good morning Mr. Phelps....this posting will self-destruct in 5
    > seconds...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...???

    Bond. Luigi Bond. License to kill.

    I wonder how he takes his Martinis.

    --
    Brian O'Connor (ironcorona)

    ironcorona, May 23, 2006
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <RIEcg.1523$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > Later. Ok?
    > There were reasons which do not have to do with languages why I posted that
    > and I need wait to understand how things are...
    > I cannot say more just now....
    > TOP SECRET!

    Luigi, you made an overt joke!

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 23, 2006
  10. "Toby Inkster" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    http://groups.google.se/group/free....onatello Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec

    > That's handy -- referencing a page written in a combination of French and
    > Swedish. There are probably only about twelve people in the entire world
    > who know both, and the only one who frequents this group is you.

    In Sweden there are probably much more than 12 people who speak French.....

    > But from what I could gather, somebody asks what newsreader he can use to
    > post with UTF-8 signatures; another says that Luigi uses Outlook 6; and
    > the first says he already uses Outlook 6, but can't figure out how to add
    > UTF-8 signatures.
    >
    > I don't see why that would be making you doubt your own use of UTF-8 for
    > posting.

    Trouvé cela sur un forum de la hiérarchie europa*
    (news:9yMbg.1015$...):

    I have found this on a forum of the hierarchy europa
    ------------------------------
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

    Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts with so
    much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?
    --
    Jean-Victor Gruat
    http://jvgruat.free.fr/Chine/

    Svara

    Från: Comte Igor von Manitouvitch - visa profil
    Datum: MÃ¥n 22 Maj 2006 15:45
    E-post: Comte Igor von Manitouvitch <>
    Grupper: free.fr.commentaires.signatures
    Ännu inte bedömd
    Klassificering:
    visa alternativ

    Svara | Svara författaren | Vidarebefordra | Skriv ut | Enskilt meddelande |
    Visa original | Rapportera om otillåten användning | Sök meddelanden av
    denna skribent

    [Il semble que l'UTF-8 soit filtré sur certains serveurs,
    heureusement que j'ai mon rongeur.]
    It seems that UTF-8 luckily is filtered on certain servers
    JV Gruat le 22.05.06 à 0h58 du côté de
    free.fr.commentaires.signatures :

    > Trouvé cela sur un forum de la hiérarchie europa*
    > (news:9yMbg.1015$...):

    Ça cause eurovision, comme c'est original...
    as a result of eurovision it is the original

    > Quelqu'un(e) céans saurait-il identifier le lecteur de nouvelles
    > acceptant avec tant de générosité l'UTF-8 en signature ?

    Suffit de regarder la source :
    It is sufficient to look at the source
    http://groups.google.com/group/europa.union/msg/06dff2e369cbb850?dmod...

    Donc, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409.
    Then, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
    --
    La FAQ sur le rot-13 est à jour !

    Svara

    Från: JV Gruat - visa profil
    Datum: MÃ¥n 22 Maj 2006 18:34
    E-post: "JV Gruat" <>

    "Comte Igor von Manitouvitch" <> wrote in message

    > [Il semble que l'UTF-8 soit filtré sur certains serveurs,
    > heureusement que j'ai mon rongeur.]

    free est particulièrement désagréable de ce côté là ...
    free is particularly unpleasant
    Merci d'avoir répondu.
    Thank you for your answer (to have answered)
    OE 6.00 c'est aussi ce que j'utilise, avec les mêmes
    OE 6.00 is also which is used with which the same définitions charset pour
    les messages incluant du chinois, mais ne marche
    pas pour la signature.
    definition of charset for the message includes Chinese but it does not work
    for the signature.

    Peut-être que le monsieur va la générer ailleurs.
    Perhaps this man will go somewhere else to disturb (actually, "disturb" is
    "gener" not "générer" so I wonder, but my French is far from being
    perfect..)

    Pas bien grave - mais c'est gentil d'avoir réagi.
    It is nothing serious but it is kind to have reacted

    JVG

    Svara
    (in Swedish "answer")
    Slut på meddelanden
    (in Swedish, "end of the message")

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero <> scripsit:

    > Quelqu'un(e) céans saurait-il identifier le lecteur de nouvelles
    > acceptant avec tant de générosité l'UTF-8 en signature ?
    >
    > Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts
    > with so much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?

    So apparently you did not know French well enough to understand even what
    the discussion was about. The phrase "lecteur de nouvelles" does _not_ mean
    "browser" but "newsreader".

    A newsreader is a program for reading and writing Usenet messages, in
    so-called "newsgroups". It is not a browser, which means a program for
    viewing HTML documents (and other resources on the web).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 24, 2006
  12. "Jukka K. Korpela" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero <> scripsit:
    >
    > > Quelqu'un(e) céans saurait-il identifier le lecteur de nouvelles
    > > acceptant avec tant de générosité l'UTF-8 en signature ?
    > >
    > > Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts
    > > with so much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?

    > So apparently you did not know French well enough to understand even what
    > the discussion was about. The phrase "lecteur de nouvelles" does _not_

    mean
    > "browser" but "newsreader".
    >
    > A newsreader is a program for reading and writing Usenet messages, in
    > so-called "newsgroups". It is not a browser, which means a program for
    > viewing HTML documents (and other resources on the web).

    I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
    find that this changes the sense of the message....

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  13. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "Jukka K. Korpela" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero <> scripsit:
    >>
    >>> Quelqu'un(e) céans saurait-il identifier le lecteur de nouvelles
    >>> acceptant avec tant de générosité l'UTF-8 en signature ?
    >>>
    >>> Would it there be anyone who identifies the browser which accepts
    >>> with so much generosity UTF-8 in the signature?

    >> So apparently you did not know French well enough to understand even what
    >> the discussion was about. The phrase "lecteur de nouvelles" does _not_

    > mean
    >> "browser" but "newsreader".
    >>
    >> A newsreader is a program for reading and writing Usenet messages, in
    >> so-called "newsgroups". It is not a browser, which means a program for
    >> viewing HTML documents (and other resources on the web).

    > I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
    > find that this changes the sense of the message....

    I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
    word "sense" in his last comment. Although, it could be that I've just
    had too many Jim Beams.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 24, 2006
  14. "Ed Mullen" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "Jukka K. Korpela" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >> Luigi Donatello Asero <> scripsit:

    > > I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do

    not
    > > find that this changes the sense of the message....
    > >

    > I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
    > word "sense" in his last comment. Although, it could be that I've just
    > had too many Jim Beams.

    The word has several meanings....

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
    <> declared in alt.html:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
    >> word "sense" in his last comment.

    > The word has several meanings....

    Only one of them is common though. ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

    Mark Parnell, May 24, 2006
  16. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >> "Ed Mullen" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>> I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
    >>> word "sense" in his last comment.

    >> The word has several meanings....

    > Only one of them is common though. ;-)

    See!!! I knew it! It's time for another Jim Beam!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 24, 2006
  17. "Mark Parnell" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    > > "Ed Mullen" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >>
    > >> I never comment on a Luigi post but I find significant the use of the
    > >> word "sense" in his last comment.

    > > The word has several meanings....

    > Only one of them is common though. ;-)

    I like semantic fields....
    and the semantic tableau might be important in this context...
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/benvenuti.php

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > > I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do not
    > > find that this changes the sense of the message....
    > >

    > I never comment on a Luigi post...

    How can you comment so brazenly?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 24, 2006
  19. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <>,
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    > > > I did not know some words such as the one which you mentioned but I do

    not
    > > > find that this changes the sense of the message....
    > > >

    > > I never comment on a Luigi post...

    > How can you comment so brazenly?

    There is no obligation to comment on my posts.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 24, 2006
  20. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > There is no obligation to comment on my posts.

    But what else is there to do in alt.luigi?

    Mark Parnell, May 24, 2006