UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb7' in

Discussion in 'Python' started by akhil1988, Jul 16, 2009.

  1. akhil1988

    akhil1988 Guest

    Hi!

    Can anyone please help me getting rid of this error:
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb7' in position
    13: ordinal not in range(128)

    I am not a python programmer (though intend to start learning this wonderful
    language), I am just using a python script.

    After doing some search, I found that 0xb7 is a 'middle dot character' that
    is not interpreted by the python.
    Even after inserting text = text.replace('\u00b7', '') in the script, the
    problem still persists.

    Can anyone please tell me the easiest way to get rid of this?

    --Thanks,
    Akhil

    akhil1988, Jul 16, 2009