UnifiedClassLoader gets stuck

Discussion in 'Java' started by nina, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. nina

    nina Guest

    We are getting a 100% CPU usage when we run a thridparty security
    scanner. The CPU usage of the application server keeps growing and gets
    pegged at 100%. This is observed only in hyperthreaded machines.
    Several thread dumps show two threads stuck at the same place. The CPU
    remains pegged at 100% even after stopping the security scan. We don't
    see the following stack traces if don't run the security scanner. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated.

    "Thread-477" daemon prio=1 tid=0x08a80e30 nid=0x364a runnable
    [89aca000..89aca87c]
    at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:382)
    at java.util.HashSet.add(HashSet.java:192)
    at
    org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader.getResourceLocally(UnifiedClassLoader.java:311)
    at
    org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedLoaderRepository3.getResourceFromRepository(UnifiedLoaderRepository3.java:419)
    at
    org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedLoaderRepository3.getResource(UnifiedLoaderRepository3.java:284)
    at
    org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3.getResource(UnifiedClassLoader3.java:223)
    at org.jboss.web.WebServer.run(WebServer.java:343)
    at org.jboss.web.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:163)

    "Thread-473" daemon prio=1 tid=0x08a7fb78 nid=0x364a runnable
    [89dd0000..89dd087c]
    at java.util.HashMap.containsKey(HashMap.java:345)
    at java.util.HashSet.contains(HashSet.java:180)
    at
    org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader.getResourceLocally(UnifiedClassLoader.java:307)

    nina, Jul 30, 2005