Uninstall Microsoft Java and use current Sun's JVM with IE

IchBin

Yes, that's right. Uninstall Microsoft Java and use current Sun's JVM
with IE. I thought this maybe of interest for some people here. Let me
digress and set this up a little bit.

I always keep an eye out for better performing web browsers, only as an
end user. I have been using Opera for windows and Linux just about as
long as it has been out since 1995. I have found that to be the fastest
browser. I have IE because I'm on window but also have Mozilla Deer Park
and SeaMonkey. I also like Deer Park.

I was reading an article off some RSS feed about the fallacies, out in
the market place, about how good SeaMonkey proclaims to be. To make a
short story longer, the author of the article mentioned the browser he
likes and uses. I download this browser and found it to be as nice as,
if not better than Opera. It's is called Avant.
http://www.avantbrowser.com. It actually is a front-end for the IE
engine but seems much faster and ton's of option.
There is another version of Avant called Dr. Orca. This is the same but
is not based on IE browser. It is Gecko based browser like the Mozilla
browsers. It is written by thee same guy. Orca will not be compromising
your security as you do with IE.
http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/166091-YKTW/osetup.exe

Ok, now to the point. I was looking at Avant's forums:
http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=8266 and noticed this article:

"If you wish to use Sun Java and would like to remove Microsoft's Java
JVM, here's how".

Better yet, found an article, about this topic, that's better then the
mentioned forum message.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/java_virtual_machine.htm

I felt that this information maybe of interest. I was not familiar with
this topic so it was new to me.
--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Andy Dingley

Uninstall Microsoft Java and use current Sun's JVM
with IE.

Why on earth would I want to do that? Only possible reason for keeping
IE around is for compatibility testing, and the sheeple are going to be
running M$.

andrewthommo

IchBin said:
Yes, that's right. Uninstall Microsoft Java and use current Sun's JVM
with IE.

A good idea for end users, I wrote JVMClean (not available at the
moment)
to help them rid their IE of the MSVM (completely, beyond deselecting
it in options),
but I cannot see the point for developers.

Note that you can run both the MSVM and Sun Java in the same IE browser
session, simply by selecting one ot the other and refreshing the page.

OTOH, if you don't like IE, why run it at all (except for compatibility
testing)?

[ In other words - I don't get it. ]