Uninstall .net framework 1.1 before installing 2.0?

frameworkfan

Is MS .net framework 2.0 backwards compatible? Are there any programs
which will only work with .net framework 1.1?

In summary, should I uninstall .net framework 1.1 and any applicable
hotfixes before I install ver. 2?

Nepatsfan

In
Is MS .net framework 2.0 backwards compatible?

No.

Are there any programs
which will only work with .net framework 1.1?

Yes.

In summary, should I uninstall .net framework 1.1 and any
applicable
hotfixes before I install ver. 2?

No. Leave version 1.1 and its update installed.

After you install version 2.0, go back to Windows Update. I
have two security updates for version 2.0 listed in Add or
Remove Programs.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Mark Rae

Is MS .net framework 2.0 backwards compatible?
No.

Are there any programs which will only work with .net framework 1.1?

Yes - loads...
In summary, should I uninstall .net framework 1.1 and any applicable
hotfixes before I install ver. 2?

Absolutely not!

Timothy Daniels

Nepatsfan said:

For most apps written for .NET Framework, the latest
version is backwards compatible with apps written for
earlier versions unless the programmer specified an earlier
version of .NET Framework explicitly in his run module.

*TimDaniels*