Uninstalling/upgrading Ruby 1.8.7

Joe H3

Hello,

Some time ago I compiled and installed ruby 1.8.7 and left the default
Snow Leopard install of ruby alone (never plan on touching it,
actually). I now want to upgrade my custom install to 1.9.1, but do not
know how to go about uninstalling or upgrading it. Running 'make
uninstall' in the source folder does nothing and I don't want to install
RVM or anything like that.

Is there a semi-simple way of removing my 1.8.7 installation so that I
can do a "clean" 1.9.1 install?

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Joe

rilindo foster

If you installed from the ports, you can run:

port uninstall rubyversionname

Hello,

Some time ago I compiled and installed ruby 1.8.7 and left the default
Snow Leopard install of ruby alone (never plan on touching it,
actually). =A0I now want to upgrade my custom install to 1.9.1, but do no= t
know how to go about uninstalling or upgrading it. =A0Running 'make
uninstall' in the source folder does nothing and I don't want to install
RVM or anything like that.

Is there a semi-simple way of removing my 1.8.7 installation so that I
can do a "clean" 1.9.1 install?

Any advice would be great. =A0Thanks in advance.

Joe

--=20
Rilindo Foster
AOL Instant Messenger: rilindo
Google Talk: (e-mail address removed)
Web Site: http://www.monzell.com
Primary: (e-mail address removed)
Secondary: (e-mail address removed)
"Rich bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men
should be happier than others. -- Oscar Wilde