Unique ID for shopping cart

Craig Cummine

hi,

i'm about to write a shopping cart application and need to know the best way
to assign a unique id to each order.

previously i used the sessionid which i've since found out isn't unique.

can someone please advise me as to the most reliable way to assign a unique
id to a transaction.

i'm using classic asp and an access database.

i'd rather not use the session object due to issues with a previous shopping
cart application.

many thanks

craig