    help me with this.

    Cheers,
    Anja

    Anja, Mar 12, 2007

  2. On 12 Mar, 13:12, "Anja" <> wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a question about the Cxxtest framework which I am considering
    > using for all my C++ unit testing needs.
    >
    > I am wondering if it is possible to configure the framework so that
    > the output of all the tests go into a file rather than the standard
    > output. I did not see any flag that lets you do something like that
    > and searching the net did not yield any clues either.
    >
    > So, I am wondering if anyone who has used the framework before can
    > help me with this.

    You should really ask these kinds of questions in a forum concerned
    with the Cxxtest framework, it's quite off topic in here. I don't know
    how it all works but if it's a separate program you run then you can
    always redirect the output. So if you normally run the test like so:

    > cxxtest

    Then you can redirect the output to a file like so:

    --
    Erik Wikström

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Anja

    Phlip Guest

    Anja wrote:

    > I have a question about the Cxxtest framework which I am considering
    > using for all my C++ unit testing needs.

    Please use UnitTest++; it's much better.

    > I am wondering if it is possible to configure the framework so that
    > the output of all the tests go into a file rather than the standard
    > output. I did not see any flag that lets you do something like that
    > and searching the net did not yield any clues either.

    The best way to use such a framework is with zero-tolerance for faults. When
    you edit you should configure your editor to run all the tests from one
    (unshifted) button, and you should run all the tests in your current module
    after every few edits.

    When you commit code to a repository, you should only commit if all tests
    pass. If tests fail unexpectedly, you should revert your code until they
    pass, and start your current effort again. This is much MUCH more productive
    than traditional hack-n-slash debugging.

    This is why few test runners have excessive (JUnit-style) support for
    coddling errors, or listing them, or reporting them. At the very least your
    editor should treat failures as syntax errors, and offer the option to
    navigate to the failure easily.

    > So, I am wondering if anyone who has used the framework before can
    > help me with this.

    Try its mailing list. I know UnitTest++ has the option.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Mar 13, 2007
  4. Anja

    wufeng Guest

    On Mar 12, 8:12 pm, "Anja" <> wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a question about the Cxxtest framework which I am considering
    > using for all my C++ unit testing needs.
    >
    > I am wondering if it is possible to configure the framework so that
    > the output of all the tests go into a file rather than the standard
    > output. I did not see any flag that lets you do something like that
    > and searching the net did not yield any clues either.
    >
    > So, I am wondering if anyone who has used the framework before can
    > help me with this.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Anja

    that's great