Unit tests with Authorize.net and ARB

Jake Janovetz

Hey folks--

I'm using Authorize.net and their ARB (automatic recurring billing)
feature. I'm trying to write unit tests for the interface to make sure
that I can create/update/cancel subscriptions and also get proper errors
back.

I have a developer's test account, so I can run in "Test" and "Normal"
mode without any ill effects.

In TEST mode, if I submit a valid create_subscription call, I get an
error:
E00009: The payment gateway account is in Test mode. The request cannot
be processed.

If I switch to NORMAL mode, and I submit a valid create_subscription,
this works just fine -- the first time. Problem is, I want to do this
sort of thing multiple times, as is the nature with unit tests.

Unfortunately, I then get the error:
E00012: You have submitted a duplicate of Subscription 215771. A
duplicate subscription will not be created.

I suppose I can 'cancel' any subscription that has been successfully
created, but I'd prefer a better way to work this. Any suggestions?

I know this is more of an Authorize.net question, but their developer
support is pretty slow, so I thought I'd ask here for any experience
from this camp.

Cheers,
Jake