    Is there a working group or package maintainer for these kinds of features?

    Thanks in advance,

    James

    James Jeffers, Jun 10, 2005

  2. James Jeffers

    Peter Hansen Guest

    James Jeffers wrote:
    > I couldn't find any resource that addresses output from the unittest package
    > in python 2.4.x. I can't beleive that there isn't an output formatter/test
    > runner for the unittest package.. surely some needed this before.
    >
    > Is there a working group or package maintainer for these kinds of features?

    It's unclear whether or not you are actually aware of this, from the docs:

    """A test runner is an object that provides a single method, run(),
    which accepts a TestCase or TestSuite object as a parameter, and returns
    a result object. The class TestResult is provided for use as the result
    object. PyUnit provide the TextTestRunner as an example test runner
    which reports test results on the standard error stream by default.
    Alternate runners can be implemented for other environments (such as
    graphical environments) without any need to derive from a specific class."""

    Does that help? Clearly there *is* a test runner for the unit test
    package, and clearly one can create one's own that does something
    different (as numerous people already have).

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jun 10, 2005