    <comment>, etc.

    Many thanks in advance!

    Bura

    Bura Tino, Sep 13, 2003

  2. See this link on java.sun.com

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/using_tags.
    html#in-nav

    It's really pretty easy to find if you have access to any search engine...

    "Bura Tino" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone direct me to a page which discusses the HTMLnecessary to make
    > your applet work in all browsers? My applets work in explorer, but not in
    > netscape or mozilla. It also depends on the operating system on version of
    > the plug in (1.3 or 1.4). I'm not asking about coding issues and jvm

    issues,

    Mark Voorberg, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Bura Tino

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:56:57 GMT, "Bura Tino" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Can someone direct me to a page which discusses the HTMLnecessary to make
    >your applet work in all browsers? My applets work in explorer, but not in
    >netscape or mozilla. It also depends on the operating system on version of
    >the plug in (1.3 or 1.4). I'm not asking about coding issues and jvm issues,
    ><comment>, etc.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/applet.html

    The original applet tags work fine in all browsers. Others will
    disagree, but I say ignore that object embed crap. It is crap and must
    be rejected as totally unacceptable.

    Your problem come INSIDE the Applet. You have to stick to old Java
    classes and methods if you try to support the original MS JVM. It is
    time to abandon MS. They don't support it. They don't even let you
    download it. Tell people if they want to use your Applet they have to
    get a recent browser and Sun's JVM, same as any other plug-in.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 14, 2003