Universal Feed Browser problem in feedparser.py

Discussion in 'Python' started by Virgil Stokes, Feb 7, 2011.

  1. I am running Python 2.6 on a Windows Vista (32-bit) platform. I recently
    installed the Universal Feed Parser package (feedparser-5-0). When I try to
    execute the following commands:

    >>> import feedparser
    >>> d = feedparser.parse("http://feedparser.org/docs/examples/atom10.xml")

    which is given at http://www.feedparser.org/

    I get an Assertion error in the following function in feedparser.py

    def __getattr__(self, key):
    try:
    return self.__dict__[key]
    except KeyError:
    pass
    try:
    assert not key.startswith('_') <------- Error occurs when this
    statement is executed.
    return self.__getitem__(key)
    except:
    raise AttributeError, "object has no attribute '%s'" % key

    Why does the error occur and how should he be corrected?

    Virgil Stokes, Feb 7, 2011