University of Plymouth Computing Industry Perception Study

Andy

First of all, can I reassure you that this posting is NOT spam and not
market research. Please feel free to email me at the address below to
check/validate this message prior to doing the survey if you wish.

I'm doing a piece of research looking at industry perceptions of computing
graduates. The
motivation behind this work is that I know a lots of academics who claim to
know what industry wants, and lots of people in the industry who tell me
that academics have no idea what it is like to work in the real world, but
no-one seems to talk across the "great divide". So, I thought the probably
the best way to assess industry perception was to ask people!

For part of this research I wish to carry out a small survey to measure
attitude by those
who work in industry and have dealings with or work with computing graduates
and also recent computing graduates who are now working in industry.

If you can help, can you have a look at the survey at:

http://ted.see.plymouth.ac.uk/andyhandouts/surveys/industrysurvey.aspx

While I am placed in a UK institute that fact that we are working more to
produce international graduates means I am interested in both UK and non-UK
respondents.Could you also pass it on to anyone else you work with/know who
might like to contribute to the survey.

Many thanks

Dr. Andy Phippen
Senior Lecturer in Computing
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics
Faculty of Technology
University of Plymouth
(e-mail address removed)