unix commands project?

hymie!

Greetings.

I could have sworn that there was a project at one point to replace
the "basic" Unix commands (ls, mv, cp, stuff like that) with perl
scripts.

Can somebody remind me if this project still exists, and where I might
find it?

(My google and yahoo searches all came up empty, but I don't have the
magic touch that lets me craft the proper search request.)

hymie! http://www.smart.net/~hymowitz (e-mail address removed)

Tad McClellan

I could have sworn that there was a project at one point to replace
the "basic" Unix commands (ls, mv, cp, stuff like that) with perl
scripts.

Can somebody remind me if this project still exists, and where I might
find it?

Perl Power Tools:

http://ppt.perl.org/