unix compiling problem

Jimmie

Sorry to bother you guys but I am kind of new to compiling c++ source
code on unix systems. My problem is, I have a basic class program that
calculates the stattistical values of 30 integers, I compiled it on
borland it the program worked great, but when i tried to compile it on
my schools unix system i recieve this error.

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: final link failed: Disc quota exceeded

if any one has any idea on what to do please email me or post a reply
to my message.

Thank you,
Jimmie Barnett

Rolf Magnus

Jimmie said:
Sorry to bother you guys but I am kind of new to compiling c++ source
code on unix systems. My problem is, I have a basic class program that
calculates the stattistical values of 30 integers, I compiled it on
borland it the program worked great, but when i tried to compile it on
my schools unix system i recieve this error.

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: final link failed: Disc quota exceeded

if any one has any idea on what to do please email me or post a reply
to my message.

This error hasn't anything to do with your source code at all. Under
Un*x, a quota defines how much space you are allowed to use in your
home directory, and you seem to have used it all up, so there is no
space left for your executable.

Mike Wahler

Jimmie said:
Sorry to bother you guys but I am kind of new to compiling c++ source
code on unix systems. My problem is, I have a basic class program that
calculates the stattistical values of 30 integers, I compiled it on
borland it the program worked great, but when i tried to compile it on
my schools unix system i recieve this error.

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: final link failed: Disc quota exceeded

if any one has any idea on what to do please email me or post a reply
to my message.

This has nothing to do with C++. You've simply run out of
disk storage alotted to you for that system. Either delete
some files, or see your system administrator and ask him to
increase the size of your sandbox (but be prepared to be told
no).

-Mike

lilburne

Mike said:
This has nothing to do with C++. You've simply run out of
disk storage alotted to you for that system. Either delete
some files, or see your system administrator and ask him to
increase the size of your sandbox (but be prepared to be told
no).

Especially if you haven't deleted the mp3's and avi's first.

Jimmie

Mike,
I figured out the problem, your answer was not even close to right.

Jimmie