unix perler needs win32 API perl snippet

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by ivowel, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. ivowel

    ivowel Guest

    dear perl experts---I hope this is a request for a one-liner. I
    usually run linux or OSX, but I now am in need of automating some OCR
    on Windows. (The OCR vendors only sell affordable software on Windows
    in their latest versions.) So, I want to automate the following:

    * in the file explorer, right-click on a file [whose name my perl
    program provides] and select a particular program to invoke on this
    file. For example, this could be "Send To -> Compressed (zipped)
    Folder" or "Send to Mail Recipient". In my specific case, I want to
    right-click a file to "Abby Finereader -> Convert into ..." or
    "OmniPage 16 -> Convert to PDF". Fortunately, there is nothing else
    that these invoked programs require as subsequent input.

    Then I want to wait until the invoked program is completed and
    exits. This is it.

    I can write the rest of the program.

    Could someone in the know please help?

    sincerely,