    subject/area should be take ?
    I have some basic knowledge on java and SQL. I have UNIX Shell script
    ,Progress database and VBA experiance.

    hkjob, Aug 16, 2006

  2. hkjob wrote:
    > I want leaning about SQL and Java in Banking or other fields . Which
    > subject/area should be take ?
    > I have some basic knowledge on java and SQL. I have UNIX Shell script
    > ,Progress database and VBA experiance.

    Depends what are you going to do in your life.

    Java and SQL is a good foundation for a developer career. Both
    are multiplatform standards, independent of platform (UNIX, Windows).
    They a independent of a database engine to a high degree, too.

    If you wnat to be a system administrator UNIX skills are usefull.

    If you try to be both be carefull not to find a job where you will
    fulfill both roles and get payed a usual single salary. Bigger companies
    tend to have different positions for those roles. In a smaller
    companies, that could be not the case, which might not be bad if you are
    paid enough.

    DG

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=, Aug 16, 2006