Unix/Win Screensaver test (please)

Andrew Thompson

I have been playing with the new SaverBeans
ScreenSaver SDK available from..
<https://jdic.dev.java.net/documentation/incubator/screensaver/index.html>

Now I have thrown together an 'Hello World'* screensaver,
<http://www.physci.org/test/ss/starzoom/>

I was hoping to get some tests on other machines,
my Windows runs it, but offers to send 'it crashed'
reports off to MS occasionally on exit. Mind you,
my system often does that when I close IE, so I do
not know whether to take it seriously.

Comments welcome.

* Actually it is an 'Hello Galaxy' screensaver.. ;-)

Yeh.. I know it's trivial, but I have been
wanting to make my own screensavers for
about well, ..forever!

[ NOTE: F'Ups set to c.l.j.programmer ]

minsc

Andrew said:
I have been playing with the new SaverBeans
ScreenSaver SDK available from..
<https://jdic.dev.java.net/documentation/incubator/screensaver/index.html>

Now I have thrown together an 'Hello World'* screensaver,
<http://www.physci.org/test/ss/starzoom/>

I was hoping to get some tests on other machines,
my Windows runs it, but offers to send 'it crashed'
reports off to MS occasionally on exit. Mind you,
my system often does that when I close IE, so I do
not know whether to take it seriously.

Comments welcome.

* Actually it is an 'Hello Galaxy' screensaver.. ;-)

Yeh.. I know it's trivial, but I have been
wanting to make my own screensavers for
about well, ..forever!

[ NOTE: F'Ups set to c.l.j.programmer ]

I tried on my xp box, and it didn't work. When I doubleclick the src
file, i get a "this program performed an illegal operation and has to be
shut down" window. Sorry :)

greetz,
pieter.

Andrew Thompson

Andrew Thompson wrote: ... ...
I tried on my xp box,

Thank you!
..and it didn't work. When I doubleclick the src
file,

..scr? It needs to be in WINDOWS/system32 according
to the docs, but I had better luck putting it in
WINNT/system32 ..you also need to put the two
..jar files in the same place.
..i get a "this program performed an illegal operation and has to be
shut down" window. Sorry :)

What version of Java you running?
<http://www.physci.org/pc/properties.jsp?prop=java.version>

...Or better still, to test the desktop
Java, rather than your browser, do same with
<http://www.physci.org/pc/JTest.jar>

Oh, and purely to be a mongrel, ..just
moments ago I uploaded a new version,
though I think a 'new version' is not