Unknown Error Exception with GridView

sck10

Hello,

I have a page that has a GridView that I have been using for a while. I
have not made any changes to it. As of today, I am getting the following
error:
[SqlException (0x80131904): Unknown ProviderError Locating Server/Instance
Specified ]

I have tried creating a new connection on my form, but am getting the same
error. I am using the same information that I use to bind data in my
code-behind.

Any help would be appreciated, sck10

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi sck10,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Sck10,

From the error message of the exception you provided , it seems that the
problem is caused by some DB error when executing the SQL db statement.
Currently I suggest that you try checking the db connection for that
GridView. Also, if possible, you may try using some other datasource to see
whether it works to confirm the problem. If you have any new findings,
please feel free to post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

ewolfman

Hi sck10,

Is it possible that you're trying to use SqlClient namespace & classes
for opening a database which is not an SQLServer, such as opening an
Access database ?