Unknown error in ASP.NET 2.0

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I'm developing an Atlas application in ASP.NET 2.0. Everything was OK, but
suddenly I started to get some strange errors on one of the pages:

When I click any button or invoke any server-side script, I'm getting a
popup window: "Unknown error".

So I'm stuck. There is no error number, so I cannot investigate it further.
There are no errors on the server side - when I debug, everything is OK, the
error occurs after the server side code runs. This is not a Javascript error
either.

So all I'm getting is a pop-up message "Unknown error" with the yellow
triangle and "!" sign. It occurs in IE and Netscape, and only on one page.

All this started to happen after I added a link button to this page. But now
if I remove it - the error remains.

Do you have any ideas what this might be? I would really appreciate your
suggestions.

Thank you,

Peter Afonin

Just wanted to add - I've tried this on three different servers, so probably
this has nothing to do with IIS settings, especially because before
everything worked fine.

Peter

RootSpy

Hi Peter,

I am experiencing the same problem. I am using the latest ATLAS CTP. I
also get the error message after calling a stored procedure via the
enterprise lib Data block. SQL porfiler reveals that the actual stored
procedure was called, no server-side errors. I am a bit confused and
not sure on how to go about debugging the problem? Please let me know
if you happen to resolve this.

Kind Regards,

RootSpy

RootSpy

Hi Peter,

I was wrong about the problem all along. In my client side I make a
call to:

Response.Output.Write("<script>alert('error');</script>");

For some reason this doesn't work with ATLAS...busy doing further
testing/research as we speak...will keep you posted!

Kind Regards,

RootSpy

RootSpy

I have confirmed that writing a script to the response object works
with a asp.net atlas project template.

The bug-hunt continues!

Peter Afonin

Hi RootSpy,

I've fount what was my problem. I've added the hyperlink effects using
FrontPage, and had two lines of code:

Aparently, Atlas didn't like it. After I rremoved these lines, I have
no problems.

But while I was doing my research, I'd found many possible reasons for
it. For instance, many people report that Atlas doesn't like ampresand
'&' in the Title tag. So it could be anything.

Good luck!

Peter

Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Unknown Error

Hi Friends

I am facing also Unknown error problem. In have page where I am using a User Control when I am using ATLAS to this page I have same problem, I have tried it by debugging but there is no error. when I click any button or any control that generate postback , I am facing this problem.
I have tried ATLAS on many pages but I am observing that this error is coming to this pages , where User Control(with PostBack) has used.

please give me solution if u have any idea.

Manish