"Unknown server tag" when deploying website

paul.hester

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy a small website that has a couple of custom
controls. This works fine locally, but falls over with an "Unknown
server tag" error when trying to parse the custom control reference in
the live/deployed site.

All of the binaries are in the "bin" directory. I have the tag prefix
registered in web.config.

Am I missing anything here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Mark Fitzpatrick

Make sure that the location you're uploading to is actually marked as an
application in IIS. Sometimes what happens is the directory isn't marked as
an application so IIS is looking for the wrong bin directory (ie: the one
just up the directory hierarchy).