Unknown server tag

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by James Goodman, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. I am experimenting with the dynamic linked listbox control example found on
    the atgconsulting.com website.

    I downloaded the example & then compiled the linked listbox & linked
    dropdown custom web controls into a DLL named LinkListbox.dll.

    I then added a reference to this in my web application.

    I then declared the control as:
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="oodynlistbox"
    Assembly="LinkedListBox" %>

    I then use the control as follows:
    <cc1:linkedListBox_ctl id="lst4" runat="server" othervariables="blahblah"/>

    When I look at the form in the IDE, it shows an error on the controls, & if
    I hover over the controls it states:
    unknown server tag 'cc1:linkedlistbox_ctl'

    However, if I run the application it works perfectly.

    Any suggestions?

    --
    James Goodman
    James Goodman, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Have you added you LinkListbox.dll to your toolbox in your designer?

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Dec 17, 2004