Unknown server tag

James Goodman

I am experimenting with the dynamic linked listbox control example found on
the atgconsulting.com website.

I downloaded the example & then compiled the linked listbox & linked
dropdown custom web controls into a DLL named LinkListbox.dll.

I then added a reference to this in my web application.

I then declared the control as:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="oodynlistbox"
Assembly="LinkedListBox" %>

I then use the control as follows:
<cc1:linkedListBox_ctl id="lst4" runat="server" othervariables="blahblah"/>

When I look at the form in the IDE, it shows an error on the controls, & if
I hover over the controls it states:
unknown server tag 'cc1:linkedlistbox_ctl'

However, if I run the application it works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Have you added you LinkListbox.dll to your toolbox in your designer?

bill