Unordered lists of images

Luigi Donatello Asero

Andy Dingley said:
Yes. The content model of <li> is %flow; and (via %inline; and

This would also be valid.

Thank you for your answer.
Has the html specification from 1999 not expired yet?
Is it still valid?

Lauri Raittila

in said:
"Andy Dingley" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

Has the html specification from 1999 not expired yet?

Of course not. After all, it does not state date when it expires, does
it? And it is not obsolated or superceded either.

Do you ever read any posts in this group that are not answer to your
question? You should. You might learn something. (but now go back to my
killfile...)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Lauri Raittila said:
Of course not. After all, it does not state date when it expires, does
it? And it is not obsolated or superceded either.

Do you ever read any posts in this group that are not answer to your
question? You should. You might learn something. (but now go back to my
killfile...)
?AID=882173

Yes, I do read posts in this group as well as in others and you need neither
read nor answer my posts at all.
As to the html specification, I am under the impression that I saw some
newer html specification before, but I cannot find it now.

dorayme

From: Lauri Raittila said:
Of course not. After all, it does not state date when it expires, does
it? And it is not obsolated or superceded either.

Do you ever read any posts in this group that are not answer to your
question? You should. You might learn something. (but now go back to my
killfile...)

I beg you not to put me in the same killfile as all the others. I beg you!
At least show some mercy and give me my own killfile. Not that I have
anything against the others, it's just that, well... surely even a generally
unworthy person in this day and age is entitled to some privacy and dignity.
Please, just a small killfile of my very own... it's ok to bring me out for
the occasional torture session, it will be a comfort to me knowing I have a
*private* refuge to go back to and lick my wounds...

dorayme

Andy Dingley

Has the html specification from 1999 not expired yet?

They never expire once issued. If it was superceded, it would be issued
as a new specification and would need a new doctype. While there are
still documents of the old doctype, we need to keep the old spec
available.

HTML 4.0 (1997) has already been slightly updated as 4.01 (1999) but
this was more of a "bug fix" than a change. W3C has announced that there
will be no new HTML version and that all new work will be around XHTML
instead. There might still possibly be a 4.02, but there will not be a
5.0.