Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.

john1001

I get the error

Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.

if I try to run an app created in vis web developer 2005 after using
the copy function. I have seen other posts which say this is caused by
IIS not being configured to use Dot Net 2.0. My question is how to
configure IIS - If I go to IIS manager I cannot find any 'aspnet' tab
or any controls to configure. It is IIS 5.1
help please

Juan T. Llibre

Regarding your configuration question :
My question is how to configure IIS - If I go to IIS manager
I cannot find any 'aspnet' tab or any controls to configure.

If the .Net Framework 2.0 *was* installed but isn't configured,
you can register ASP.NET into IIS by running :

aspnet_regiis -i

from the .Net Framework directory:
drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50xxx\

If you don't have a directory named like that,
you don't have the .Net Framework 2.0 installed.

You should install it, in that case.

john1001

1) no the aspx page is not missing hte doctype declaration
2) thanks for the tip on aspnet_regiis -i
I do have .net framework installed and have run this but I can still
not find any ASPnet tab - I have opened iis manager popup clicked on
default website and right clicked to view properties where I was
expecting to find the aspnet config also tried this on a special vitual
folder associated with my viswebdev express application
so am very confused
Anyway, thanks for your help so far

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, John.

re:
I can still not find any ASPnet tab

Which Beta version are you using ?
This is a well-known bug in pre-beta 2 builds.

In fact, I filed a bug report for it :

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackid=f697a7d8-52a0-4c79-bc57-767b6d7d750a

If you are running an earlier build, you can get around it by
downloading/installing Denis Bauer's free ASPNET Version Switcher :

http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

It will alow you to assign the proper ASP.NET version to your applications.

Let us know if this workaround works for you.

john1001

I think its the bug - the version switcher certainly changed things - I
now get a new set of errors
when calling the app/website outside debug of viswebdev 2005 and in a
normal browser I get 'Server application unavailable'
also when compiling/building a new simple project in viswebdev 2005 I
get the error
Error 1 Request for the permission of type
'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. /

once again thanks for your help - it is invaluable to a beginner like
me -

Juan T. Llibre

Are you using a Beta 1 build ?
The bug was fixed in the first Beta 2 build.

It seems that you should look into updating
your Beta version to any Beta 2 version.

Do it soon, since VS.NET 2005 is getting released in about 3 weeks,
and the downloads for the free beta are going to disappear.

That way you can continue to use the Beta for some time
until it expires ( without having to pay for the new product ).

re:
once again thanks for your help

You're very much welcome.