Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter 'asp'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Hi

    I have a vs2005 and I try to put a placeholdercontent control on header tag
    of the master page, for adding extra header on the content page, but I still
    have this error when I build: " Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter
    'asp' " on tag <asp:contentplaceholder runat="server"
    id="ExtraHeader"></asp:contentplaceholder>.
    The page apparently work fine.

    Masterpage source:

    <%@ Master...
    <%@ Register..
    <%@ Register...

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    <LINK href="..." rel="stylesheet">
    <LINK media=".." rel="stylesheet">
    <LINK media="print" href=".." rel="stylesheet">
    <LINK href="..." rel="stylesheet">
    <LINK href="..." rel="stylesheet">
    <script language="javascript" src="...."></script>
    <asp:contentplaceholder runat="server"
    id="ExtraHeader"></asp:contentplaceholder>
    </head>

    Content page source:

    <%@ Page ....
    <asp:Content runat=server ContentPlaceHolderID=ExtraHeader>
    <LINK href="extra.css" rel="stylesheet">
    </asp:Content>

    Thanks

    Simon

    Simon, Nov 25, 2005