    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/
    Nathan Sokalski, Oct 15, 2009

  2. On Oct 15, 2:45 am, "Nathan Sokalski" <> wrote:
    > I am having a strange problem in Visual Studio 2008. All server controls in
    > my Pages are giving the message:
    >
    > Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter 'asp'.
    >
    > This started happening for no apparent reason, and I would like to find out
    > how to fix it. I have been unable to find a working solution on the web.
    > This problem is also not happening with other Solutions/Projects (even on
    > this machine). Also, for some unexplained reason, the asp:Content server
    > control is the only server control I have noticed that is not having a
    > problem. Several of the pages I found online mentioned some stuff about
    > Master Pages, especially nested ones, but none of my Master Pages are
    > nested, and the problem occurs for server controls in the Master Page as
    > well. I also found some stuff that mentioned Visual Studio being unable to
    > load the necessary assemblies, but I tried reinstalling the .NET Framework
    > (all versions), and still no change. Can anybody help me here? Any help
    > would be appreciated. Thanks.
    > --
    > Nathan Sokalski
    > ://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Look at the other solution at
    http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2005/04/21/410557.aspx

    Maybe this would solve your problem
    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 15, 2009

  3. No, I have actually tried that, and it didn't help. The page mentioned stuff
    about Visual Studio 2005 requiring a <body> tag for the intellisense to work
    (I am using 2008, so I don't know if this is relevant or not). However, that
    doesn't explain why it started just now. Any other ideas? Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski, Oct 15, 2009