unreferenced in EJB

Shinya

I need a similar function to rmi unreference in order to keep connection
with server for ever, but invoke timeout when user is logged out or
disconnected by accident( no power/ network cable problem).

How can i achieve this?

Luc The Perverse

Shinya said:
I need a similar function to rmi unreference in order to keep connection
with server for ever, but invoke timeout when user is logged out or
disconnected by accident( no power/ network cable problem).

How can i achieve this?

Similar to what?

If this is related to another thread then you need to refer to it somehow,
or continue that thread on by replying (and quoting)

EJP

Luc said:
Similar to what?

Similar to java.rmi.server.Unreferenced. This is not supported for EJBs,
unless maybe you are willing and able to write a Servant or
ServantLocator or POA, assuming it is even possible within your J2EE
framework.
If this is related to another thread then you need to refer to it somehow,
or continue that thread on by replying (and quoting)

If you don't know what the OP is talking about why bother to make a fool
of yourself?

Luc The Perverse

EJP said:
If you don't know what the OP is talking about why bother to make a fool
of yourself?

I misread the original message - my apologies, to the group and the OP.
And you're right, I am not familiar with java.rmi.server.Unreferenced or it
probably wouldn't have happened. It was a simple parse error really, I saw
a new thread starting with the words "I need a similar function" followed by
"to rmi unreference" which I interpreted as a [nonsense] verb instead of a
class name . . and the rest was a knee jerk reaction.

Sorry.

Chris Uppal

Luc said:
I saw a new thread starting with the words "I need a similar function"
followed by "to rmi unreference" which I interpreted as a [nonsense] verb
instead of a class name . . and the rest was a knee jerk reaction.

If it's any comfort, I [mis]parsed those words in the same way.

-- chris

Luc The Perverse

Chris Uppal said:
Luc said:
I saw a new thread starting with the words "I need a similar function"
followed by "to rmi unreference" which I interpreted as a [nonsense] verb
instead of a class name . . and the rest was a knee jerk reaction.

If it's any comfort, I [mis]parsed those words in the same way.

Oh good - that means that either both or neither of us are complete morons
;)