Unreliable Image Display in VS2003

Guest

Here are two lines from the HTML view of my page that should display the same
jpg:

<asp:Image id="Image2" ImageUrl="~/SpotImages/paw.jpg" width="16"
height="16" runat="server"></asp:Image>

<asp:Image id="Image3" ImageUrl="../SpotImages/paw.jpg" width="16"
height="16" runat="server"></asp:Image>

In VS2003, only the second displays paw.jpg in the design view. Any ideas?

TIA,

Jeb.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the designer does not support the "~" as this is implemented by the asp.net.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)