unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie

George2

Hello everyone,

When building my project (Visual Studio 2005 DLL project for C++ Smart
Device), there is link error,

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie

I can solve this error by adding secchk.lib to link input import
libraries.

My questions,

1. I am not using __security_check_cookie explicitly, why there is
such error?
2. Is it correct to solve this issue by adding secchk.lib as linker
input import libraries?

thanks in advance,
George

Ian Collins

George2 said:
Hello everyone,

When building my project (Visual Studio 2005 DLL project for C++ Smart
Device), there is link error,

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie
Why on earth do you keep asking here?

Go to a Visual Studio studio group. These are not C++ questions.