unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie

Discussion in 'C++' started by George2, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. George2

    George2 Guest

    Hello everyone,

    When building my project (Visual Studio 2005 DLL project for C++ Smart
    Device), there is link error,

    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie

    I can solve this error by adding secchk.lib to link input import
    libraries.

    My questions,

    1. I am not using __security_check_cookie explicitly, why there is
    such error?
    2. Is it correct to solve this issue by adding secchk.lib as linker
    input import libraries?

    thanks in advance,
    George

    George2, Nov 28, 2007

  2. George2

    Ian Collins Guest

    George2 wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >

    > When building my project (Visual Studio 2005 DLL project for C++ Smart
    > Device), there is link error,
    >
    > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __security_check_cookie

    Why on earth do you keep asking here?

    Go to a Visual Studio studio group. These are not C++ questions.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Nov 28, 2007