"unresolved external symbol" error in MSVC++ 6.0

Discussion in 'C++' started by Rodolphe, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Rodolphe

    Rodolphe Guest

    Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

    When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
    following errors :

    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    _IID_ISampleGrabber
    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    _CLSID_NullRenderer
    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    _CLSID_SampleGrabber
    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    _CLSID_SmartTee
    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    _CLSID_CaptureGraphBuilder2
    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    _IID_ICaptureGraphBuilder2
    strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    __imp__strrchr
    Debug_Unicode/AppliCap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved
    externals

    These symbols are part of DirectX, so I've tried to reinstall it, with
    no more success. Then I noticed by search that I had to change
    "strmbasd.lib" by "strmiids.lib" with this type of error under
    DirectX. This corrects the errors above, but new ones appear then :

    applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
    wsprintfWInternal(unsigned short *,unsigned short const *,...)"
    (?wsprintfWInternal@@YAHPAGPBGZZ)
    Debug_Unicode/AppliCap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
    externals

    I precise that my project requires DirectX 9 SDK which I reinstalled
    several times and that this program works well on another computer
    with the same configuration (Windows 2000 Professional, Visual Studio
    6.0 ans Directx 9 SDK).
    I'm getting mad with this problem because my project doesn't advance,
    so I would be very grateful if someone could help me to solve it.

    Thanks and sorry for the length of my post.
    Rodolphe, Oct 2, 2003

  2. On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:36:35 -0700, Rodolphe wrote:

    > Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

    Your english seems fine to me, but then again english isn't my first
    language either.

    > When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
    > following errors :

    I can't help you, but I can tell you where you're more likely to get help
    than in this group (since your question is off topic here)

    try
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx

    and perhaps the
    microsoft.public.vc.*
    groups.

    hth
    --
    NPV
    "Linux is to Lego as Windows is to Fisher Price." - Doctor J Frink
    Nils Petter Vaskinn, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Jonathan Mcdougall, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Rodolphe

    Rodolphe Guest

    "Nils Petter Vaskinn" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:36:35 -0700, Rodolphe wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.
    > >

    > Your english seems fine to me, but then again english isn't my first
    > language either.
    >
    > > When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
    > > following errors :

    > I can't help you, but I can tell you where you're more likely to get help
    > than in this group (since your question is off topic here)
    >
    > try
    > microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx
    >
    > and perhaps the
    > microsoft.public.vc.*
    > groups.
    >

    > hth

    Thanks for your advice ; I'll try to post at these url...
    Rodolphe, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Rodolphe

    Rodolphe Guest

    "Jonathan Mcdougall" <> wrote in message news:<lAVeb.1686$>...
    > > When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
    > > following errors :

    > <snip>
    > > These symbols are part of DirectX,

    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9