"unresolved external symbol" error in MSVC++ 6.0

Rodolphe

Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
following errors :

applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_ISampleGrabber
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_NullRenderer
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_SampleGrabber
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_SmartTee
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_CaptureGraphBuilder2
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_ICaptureGraphBuilder2
strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__strrchr
Debug_Unicode/AppliCap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved
externals

These symbols are part of DirectX, so I've tried to reinstall it, with
no more success. Then I noticed by search that I had to change
"strmbasd.lib" by "strmiids.lib" with this type of error under
DirectX. This corrects the errors above, but new ones appear then :

applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
wsprintfWInternal(unsigned short *,unsigned short const *,...)"
(?wsprintfWInternal@@YAHPAGPBGZZ)
Debug_Unicode/AppliCap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals

I precise that my project requires DirectX 9 SDK which I reinstalled
several times and that this program works well on another computer
with the same configuration (Windows 2000 Professional, Visual Studio
6.0 ans Directx 9 SDK).
I'm getting mad with this problem because my project doesn't advance,
so I would be very grateful if someone could help me to solve it.

Thanks and sorry for the length of my post.

Nils Petter Vaskinn

Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

Your english seems fine to me, but then again english isn't my first
language either.
When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
following errors :

I can't help you, but I can tell you where you're more likely to get help
than in this group (since your question is off topic here)

try
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx

and perhaps the
microsoft.public.vc.*
groups.

hth

Rodolphe

Nils Petter Vaskinn said:
Your english seems fine to me, but then again english isn't my first
language either.

I can't help you, but I can tell you where you're more likely to get help
than in this group (since your question is off topic here)

try
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx

and perhaps the
microsoft.public.vc.*
groups.

hth

Thanks for your advice ; I'll try to post at these url...