UnsatisfiedLinkError for a native method

Delio Nasso

Hi All,
I'm using the package

com.intel.bluetooth

I have a problem when I run my application that uses this package and in
particular with its class BluetoothPeer. This has a native method
(initializationStatus) that throw an exception which message is:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
initializationStatus
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothPeer.initializationStatus(Native
Method)

What am I do? The JVM needs of a particolar language of native method?
An what is this? How Can I solve this message error?

Thanks a lot,

Delio

Philipp Taprogge

Hi!

Thus spake Delio Nasso on 05/23/2007 11:33 PM:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
initializationStatus
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothPeer.initializationStatus(Native
Method)

What am I do? The JVM needs of a particolar language of native method?
An what is this? How Can I solve this message error?

An UnsatisfiedLinkError unually indicated, that the VM found the Java stub to
your method but not the native implementation to go along with it.
This could be a classpath issue or IIRC could mean that you are missing some
native libraries the bluetooth code relies upon.

HTH,

Phil

Gordon Beaton

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
initializationStatus
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothPeer.initializationStatus(Native

It looks like the DLL or .so that belongs to the package does not
contain the specific method initializationStatus().

It could be that the code has not even attempted to load the native
library (with System.loadLibrary()) before using its methods. It
doesn't appear that loading has failed, however.

It could be that the method really is missing (for example, if the
Java and native components are not from the same version of the
package).

It could also be that the method is in the library, but due to the way
the native library was compiled, the method name has been mangled by
the compiler and therefore not found by the JVM at runtime.

"comp.intel.bluetooth" results in zero hits at Google so I can't say
much more.

/gordon

Philipp Leitner

"comp.intel.bluetooth" results in zero hits at Google so I can't say
much more.

Try again with "com.intel.bluetooth" :) also more like the Java
package naming conventions.

Gordon Beaton

Try again with "com.intel.bluetooth" :) also more like the Java
package naming conventions.

Er, yes. I was using Usenet naming conventions instead...

Perhaps the OP should try the search as well (together with
UnsatisfiedLinkError), since it leads to further discussion of the
problem and some potential solutions.

/gordon