    I don't care what country it is hosted in.

    Anyone know of such a host?

    Thanks

    Travis Newbury, May 10, 2008

  2. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
    > because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
    >
    > There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
    > direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
    > cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
    > with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.
    >
    > I don't care what country it is hosted in.
    >
    > Anyone know of such a host?

    Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
    personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
    "reality" TV of current favor...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 10, 2008

  3. Travis Newbury

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
    > because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
    >
    > There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
    > direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
    > cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
    > with a photo and

    You mean, like

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/bitterbreakup1.jpg>

    and

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/hell_hath_no_fury.jpg>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 10, 2008
  4. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Travis Newbury wrote:
    >> Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
    >> because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
    >>
    >> There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
    >> direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
    >> cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
    >> with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.
    >>
    >> I don't care what country it is hosted in.
    >>
    >> Anyone know of such a host?

    > Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
    > personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
    > "reality" TV of current favor...

    On a lighter note (my pixelation):

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/forsale_web.jpg

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 11, 2008
  5. On May 10, 4:23 pm, Neredbojias <me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/
    fliam.php> wrote:
    > I think almost any host would react with enough complaints. Just what is
    > so volatile about this page, anyway? Perhaps a screen-cap of the local
    > copy might illuminate us and some kind soul may perhaps offer you free
    > space or sub-domain on his own fundament.

    It is going to be a picture and a paragraph about "Why I think it is
    ok to cheat on my wife"

    I just don't want it to be turned off because he calls once.

    Travis Newbury, May 11, 2008
  6. On May 10, 5:57 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > You mean, like
    > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/bitterbreakup1.jpg>
    > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/hell_hath_no_fury.jpg>

    Exactly

    Travis Newbury, May 11, 2008
  7. Travis Newbury

    David Segall Guest

    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    >Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
    >because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
    >
    >There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
    >direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
    >cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
    >with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.
    >
    >I don't care what country it is hosted in.
    >
    >Anyone know of such a host?

    No, but why not just change hosts? I would be horrified if a domain
    name manager like ZoneEdit <http://www.zoneedit.com/> refused to
    forward a web address. If your friend's cause is just then I'm sure
    she has enough friends who would host the page at their ISP after
    another friend's ISP instructed them to remove the page. There are
    some domain name registrars including http://www.domainmonster.com/
    that include web forwarding as part of the registration and I would
    hope that they could not refuse to forward a domain that is registered
    with them.

    David Segall, May 11, 2008
  8. Neredbojias wrote:

    > On 10 May 2008, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
    >>> personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
    >>> "reality" TV of current favor...

    >> On a lighter note (my pixelation):
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/forsale_web.jpg

    > Ya know, it's kinda depressing to realize that that description will
    > eventually fit all women if it doesn't already...

    You forgot about nuns.

    Blinky the Shark, May 11, 2008
  9. Travis Newbury

    Guest

    On May 11, 3:10 pm, Rob McAninch <> wrote:
    > If there is an identifiable image of a person in the photo, at
    > something other than a clearly public event (e.g. someone in a crowd at
    > a parade), then you should have a signed model release that preferrably
    > states how you will use the image.

    > Even with that, defamation could be a legal issue (but gives you firmer
    > ground to stand on). Of course IANAL.

    Interesting, check out cheaterdb.com. This was her first chouce, but
    she want to make it more personal by getting his name as a domain for
    it show s up in a google search of his name better.

    > If you register a domain name and point the dns to a resonable hosting
    > provider. It should _not_ be trivial for the average person to complain
    > and get your site taken down.
    >
    > You may want to show your hosting provider what you intend to do and
    > see that it is ok per their TOS.

    Thanks.

    , May 11, 2008
  10. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
    <me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/fliam.php> writing in

    >>> Ya know, it's kinda depressing to realize that that description will
    >>> eventually fit all women if it doesn't already...

    >> You forgot about nuns.

    > Nuns aren't really women, they're more like vegetables in mourning.

    There are very few nuns now, and most of them are old and retired. We
    need more nuns, women who go out of their way to help even the most
    rejected and hopeless in our society with a smile on their face.

    I live next to a convent, and I'm Catholic. These are probably the
    nicest ladies I have ever met, and they are certainly not vegetables.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 12, 2008
  11. Travis Newbury

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A9C4EF424010arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > There are very few nuns now, and most of them are old and retired. We
    > need more nuns, women who go out of their way to help even the most
    > rejected and hopeless in our society with a smile on their face.
    >
    > I live next to a convent, and I'm Catholic. These are probably the
    > nicest ladies I have ever met, and they are certainly not vegetables.

    If you want to see some impressive nuns doing impressive work, go see
    The Painted Veil, a good current film.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 12, 2008
  12. Travis Newbury

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A9C8A39E4E8neredbojiasnano@85.214.90.236>,
    Neredbojias <me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/fliam.php> wrote:

    > >> Nuns aren't really women, they're more like vegetables in mourning.
    > >>

    > > There are very few nuns now, and most of them are old and retired. We
    > > need more nuns, women who go out of their way to help even the most
    > > rejected and hopeless in our society with a smile on their face.
    > >
    > > I live next to a convent, and I'm Catholic. These are probably the
    > > nicest ladies I have ever met, and they are certainly not vegetables.

    > Your experience has not been my experience.
    >
    > I've become very well-acquainted with 6 or 7 nuns in my life, some fairly
    > recently, some in the distant past.

    Yes, well, they were *not* nuns. They were male agents, hired by me when
    they got sacked from Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq when the public became
    aware of what was going on. All dressed up with my clear instructions
    to beat you for the least thing.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 12, 2008