Unscrupulous Web Host anyone?

Travis Newbury

Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.

There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.

I don't care what country it is hosted in.

Anyone know of such a host?

Thanks

Jonathan N. Little

Travis said:
Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.

There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.

I don't care what country it is hosted in.

Anyone know of such a host?

Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
"reality" TV of current favor...

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.

There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
with a photo and

You mean, like

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/bitterbreakup1.jpg>

and

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/hell_hath_no_fury.jpg>

Travis Newbury

I think almost any host would react with enough complaints. Just what is
so volatile about this page, anyway? Perhaps a screen-cap of the local
copy might illuminate us and some kind soul may perhaps offer you free
space or sub-domain on his own fundament.

It is going to be a picture and a paragraph about "Why I think it is
ok to cheat on my wife"

I just don't want it to be turned off because he calls once.

David Segall

Travis Newbury said:
Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.

There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.

I don't care what country it is hosted in.

Anyone know of such a host?
No, but why not just change hosts? I would be horrified if a domain
name manager like ZoneEdit <http://www.zoneedit.com/> refused to
forward a web address. If your friend's cause is just then I'm sure
she has enough friends who would host the page at their ISP after
another friend's ISP instructed them to remove the page. There are
some domain name registrars including http://www.domainmonster.com/
that include web forwarding as part of the registration and I would
hope that they could not refuse to forward a domain that is registered
with them.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Ya know, it's kinda depressing to realize that that description will
eventually fit all women if it doesn't already...

You forgot about nuns.

place61

If there is an identifiable image of a person in the photo, at
something other than a clearly public event (e.g. someone in a crowd at
a parade), then you should have a signed model release that preferrably
states how you will use the image.
Even with that, defamation could be a legal issue (but gives you firmer
ground to stand on). Of course IANAL.

Interesting, check out cheaterdb.com. This was her first chouce, but
she want to make it more personal by getting his name as a domain for
it show s up in a google search of his name better.
If you register a domain name and point the dns to a resonable hosting
provider. It should _not_ be trivial for the average person to complain
and get your site taken down.

You may want to show your hosting provider what you intend to do and
see that it is ok per their TOS.

Thanks.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
Nuns aren't really women, they're more like vegetables in mourning.

There are very few nuns now, and most of them are old and retired. We
need more nuns, women who go out of their way to help even the most
rejected and hopeless in our society with a smile on their face.

I live next to a convent, and I'm Catholic. These are probably the
nicest ladies I have ever met, and they are certainly not vegetables.

dorayme

Adrienne Boswell said:
There are very few nuns now, and most of them are old and retired. We
need more nuns, women who go out of their way to help even the most
rejected and hopeless in our society with a smile on their face.

I live next to a convent, and I'm Catholic. These are probably the
nicest ladies I have ever met, and they are certainly not vegetables.

If you want to see some impressive nuns doing impressive work, go see
The Painted Veil, a good current film.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Your experience has not been my experience.

I've become very well-acquainted with 6 or 7 nuns in my life, some fairly
recently, some in the distant past.

Yes, well, they were *not* nuns. They were male agents, hired by me when
they got sacked from Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq when the public became
aware of what was going on. All dressed up with my clear instructions
to beat you for the least thing.

[Anon] Anon User

I suggest using Freenet (http://freenetproject.org) and put up a freesite with anything on it you want