Unspecified Error (0x80004005)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rOadhOg, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. rOadhOg

    rOadhOg Guest

    Help please!

    I set up a simple access 2000 database and I'm running IIS5.
    The first time I try it, it works, then it seems like I have to wait for
    some kind of time out for it to work again, because if I click the link that
    goes to the page again I get this error...

    Error Type:
    Provider (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error
    /aspfile.asp, line 123

    If I wait a few minutes before I try it again it works fine.

    I have set up my data connection as follows

    Set objDC = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objDC.ConnectionTimeout = 5
    objDC.CommandTimeout = 10

    objDC.Open "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("database/database.mdb") &
    ";Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
    (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;MaxBufferSize=8192;Threads=20;", "username", "password"

    strSQL = "SELECT Table.* FROM Table

    Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    objRS.Open strSQL, objDC, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly

    I close the recordset and connection at the end of the page with:

    objRS.Close
    Set objRS = Nothing
    objDC.Close
    Set objDC = Nothing

    I have set the permisions for Everone and IUSR_MachineID to Full Control for
    the database directory and the database.

    I have played around with the timeout values above and it seems to have no
    effect.

    Any help?

    rh

    rOadhOg, Jul 1, 2003

  2. rOadhOg

    dany Guest

    "rOadhOg" <> wrote in message
    > Help please!
    >
    > I set up a simple access 2000 database and I'm running IIS5.
    > The first time I try it, it works, then it seems like I have to wait for
    > some kind of time out for it to work again, because if I click the link

    that
    > goes to the page again I get this error...
    >
    > Error Type:
    > Provider (0x80004005)
    > Unspecified error
    > /aspfile.asp, line 123

    maybe this can help:

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2413

    d.

    dany, Jul 1, 2003

  3. rOadhOg

    rOadhOg Guest

    Just to let you all know I added the line
    objDC.mode = 3 ' adModeReadWrite
    and this seemed to fix all.

    rh

    rOadhOg, Jul 1, 2003