Unspecified Error - Can't add new webforms

chuckdfoster

When creating a new project or trying to add a web form to an ASP.NET
project I am getting an error that says "unspecified error" and the web form
isn't added. I can however import an existing web form and use it. I have
tried to use the VS.NET CD's and repair it, but that did not work. My next
step is totalling uninstalling and installing again. Does anyone know what
the problem could be or what I could do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight!

Axel Dahmen

Did you check your harddisk for such "ordinary" things like no more free
space available?

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

chuckdfoster

Yeah, I have plenty of disc space.

Axel Dahmen said:
Did you check your harddisk for such "ordinary" things like no more free
space available?

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

chuckdfoster

Just for other people referencing this....

I uninstalled and reinstalled VS.NET. I got the same thing, but different
error message. It said, "The automation server couldn't create object." I
looked that up on microsoft.com...

I had a corrupted windows script. I downloaded the newest version of a
"windows scripter", installed it, and VS.NET is working fine now.